That’s exactly how I feel right now.
To do list:
- wrap presents: Still have to finish. I blame FedEx for not delivering in timely fashion. Actually it’s not their fault. But I have to blame someone.
- Christmas Cards: HA! No Christmas cards this year. Christmas PDF. Still to be done.
- Gingerbread cookies: O has asked to make them. I have the cookie cutter. That’s about it. Maybe we will do them on Saturday.
- O’s Secret Santa present at school: finally, an item that is DONE
- Going to post office and pick up Neena’s present: DONE. It wasn’t that bad, which was surprising.
- Finish the small gifts O is going to give to her little friends at school. This is why I hate the internet and Pinterest. I’m not creative enough to come up with this stuff. But once I see, I implement it. My problem is that I couldn’t find the cone treat bags at AC Moore, so I had to get the rectangular ones, and just make them into cones. Then today I counted the kids, and I hope to have just enough for her Pre-K and Afternoon day care class.
- Finish the presents for the teachers. Because I didn’t have enough to do with the fucking reindeers, I decided to use my sister-in-law’s caramel popcorn recipe and make them a bag of popcorn. I burned the first batch of popcorn. Then I thought I made too much. After I filled the 8 treat bags, I realized I barely had enough. But now I have to write the gift tags and put it all together. Plus write the cards for her teachers and include the Christmas tip (note to self. Don’t forget to go to the bank today).
- And because I fucking bonkers, and possibly did not realize how much shit I need to do before the holiday, I also volunteered my famous Red Velvet CAke with Buttercream icing for the school’s holiday raffle. At first I was told to bring it today. I convinced them to let me bring it
on Friday at the Christmas show, that way the winner can enjoy it for Christmas Eve. Otherwise, the recipe would be mixed with salty tears of exhaustion and desperation.
- Oh yeah, and I had to make the meatloaf so we actually have something to eat today, so I won’t be giving my heard earned money to WholeFood’s Prepared food section.
I think I am tried just thinking about this. Did I miss anything? Probably.
Please help me!!!!