My friend has having her second baby boy. She is due on July 3rd, and I think she can’t wait to stop being pregnant. Her mom threw her a small lunch. Since she’s having another boy, she has most of everything that she needs. Just a few essentials, which are big ticket item. I wanted to give her something that was unique, and I saw this online. Homemade Onesies. I thought it was a really cute, so I thought what better idea. I purchased sets of onesies 0-3 months and 3 to 6 months. I think in total there were about 10 onesies. Then I got planning on what to put them. For some reason all the fabric I had for my Mom’s quilt were very girly colors, so I had to go to the store and pick out more boys colors. O of course kept picking pink and purple. But I made her focus and she managed to pick up some good choices: a fabric with trucks and bicycles, and neutral colors packet.
For details on exactly how to do it, Please go to the link. But what I did learn, when making the seams around the fabric you need a seam that is not too small. I used HeatnBond Ultra Hold Iron-on Adhesive, the fabric with the heat bond was really thick. I broke 1 sewing needle. And by mistake I made the stitch too small, which really bunched up the fabric. (I didn’t realize my mistake until I started working on a new project and the linen fabric was still bunching up.) I do have to say the onesies that had the seam around the fabric did look a lot nicer. But I had to stop otherwise I think I would have ruined a lot of them.
I did not use the templates, I just freehand drew them, and them cut and pasted them together. But if I do it again, I think I will buy the templates. I also used fabric pens, which were horrible. They bled through, but I had already ironed on the New Jersey, so I didn’t want to get rid of it. But if I had more time, I think I might have sewn the letters with stitching instead. Lesson learned. I think it was the material of the onesie rather than what T-shirt fabric is made of.