I am already in full swing planning O’s birthday party. I have the card all done. I just have to order it. The website sends the cards directly to the invitees, which might be a life saver for me. Not sure if I’m going to do it. The big debate was the best picture to use. It turns out that I take lots of action shots of O. And boy, does she ever move!! Most pictures are blur or her turning her head. It seems I’m not the type to ask her to sit still and say cheese. But finally, I found two candidates, which are not from last year, and she is facing forward…alone in the picture. After much deliberation, I made my choice.
The theme is set (sorry, I can’t not share what it is.) Like the Happy Birthday America cake, only two people know the theme, and it will be FABULOUS! But it won’t have the full effect if the whole world knows. And don’t worry, in like 4 months, you too will know! Yes, I am planning that far in advance!
Then I am also torn on what to buy her. She already has a fabulous kitchen. She doesn’t need anymore fake food, she has tons of that. But then as I was searching online, I found these great gifts:
- Kitchen Kids: She already likes to help me bake. This might be a great way for her to continue with her passion.
- Chef Kit: Or maybe this one because it has the measuring cups and whisk (her favorite!)
- Animal Yahtzee: Yahtzee was a favorite game that my family and I played growling up.
- A cleaning set: This will be gold for me. My personal little duster and sweeper!
- Arts & Crafts: I can either go crazy at AC Moore and get her a whole bunch of stuff, or just cheap out and get her the kits pre made like this one and maybe this one.
- Big Kid Backpack. I too can be like Halle Berry. But I guess that’s what separates me and her. I don’t have $52 to spend on a backpack. The angry owl is totally O!!!
- Necklace. I love the little birds here! I already bought one for DH’s niece!