Trip to DC

Sorry for my absence, but O and I took a lovely 3 day trip to Washington, DC.  It was a “work” trip. Work to be used very, very loosely here.  I stayed at the boss’s house, wonderful brownstone, which they gutted and built from the ground up.  The office is in the basement, so the commute was minimal each day. In all honesty I did get a bit of work done, but not as much if O wasn’t around.  Most productive was during nap time, on Thursday she napped for 2-1/2 hours (I KNOW!!!! SHOCKING!!!) and after her bedtime.  Because she was in a strange place, both of these took longer time to accomplish.

We left the house early on Wednesday, took the subway to Penn Station. I had the following: stroller, diaper bag, O’s toy backpack, and our luggage, oh yeah, and the baby.  I planned the route pretty well, and allowed enough time, that we hit all stations with elevators.  Penn Station on the other hand, getting to the Amtrak section using an elevator was challenging because the signs are absolutely AWFUL!  Then I had to use the bathroom… questionable sanitary conditions, and the smallest stalls you have ever seen. I even considered peeing with the door open because O and the stroller did not fit in the handicapped stall.  But we made, and we made it to the platform.  And didn’t end up by mistake on the quiet car, and we had a pretty big spot.   O was great! She was really excited to watch the world go by really, really quickly!  She colored, she wiped the baby who kept going caca, over and over again (I think the baby had diarrhea).

In DC, my boss has a puppy who is 10 months old, but much larger than the Snausage. He is about as tall as O is, and because he is a puppy, at first he didn’t understand who O was, so he kept nipping at her.  But she wasn’t scared, just cried a little when he got aggressive. But even my boss said that they were both really good together. She didn’t run away from him, and on several occasions being the naughty girl she is, she called him to her, and then started to cry when he started licking her head. But by the end of the week, they were both under dinning table, butts sticking out and being all lovey dovey.

Overall, she was a pretty model child. No tantrums. Some random outbursts, but she watched Toy Story and Monsters, Inc. 5 times each in 2-1/2 days.  Then we made it home on Friday afternoon. O was so, so tired she passed, and on Saturday morning she climbed into bed around 6:15ish, and didn’t wake up at all in the middle of the night.

So proud of my big girl!


About RidgewoodMom

Thirtysomething mom of a baby girl. First and only baby, possibly. First baby amongst my close friends. These are the trials, frustrations and lessons I have learned in raising a single child in New York.
This entry was posted in Baby and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s