O was sick for 4 days. Well actually 3 days with temperature, and a really nasty cough. Took her to the doctor, and she has her 4th ear infection. She is back on antibiotics. But the cough… not so lucky. There is not much to do about the cough. She has to go through the painful coughs. Today she is at the super phlegmy stage. But she doesn’t know what to do about the phlegm. She is coughing a LOT now. I’ve been trying a lot of different things to help her. But there is not too much I can do.
- I tried giving her Chamomile tea with honey. But it’s not Apple Juice, so she’s not drinking it.
- Then I put the shower on HOT, and steam up the bathroom. The steam helps a bit.
- I also rub Vicks Vapor Rub on her chest. Not sure how much it’s working.
- Another Vicks product is the plug in thing with the little mentholated sticks. This has helped.
- For the running nose, I’m using saline drops and the nasal aspirator. Very traumatic experience the whole thing. Tears and cries!! I also bought the Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator which I am going to try next time since it got really good reviews. It seems a little gross, but even the package admits is gross, but it says it works.
I ordered her a humidifier, which will be delivered tomorrow. So I think that will help a lot!!
Overall even with the 4 year infections, the doctor says that for a baby in day care. Overall she is very healthy. Right now she is on Vitamins and she has been taking probiotics. At first it was Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probiotic and I added a teaspoon in her milk in the morning. Then the pharmacy ran out of the powder, so now we are using the Dynamic Health, Lactobacillus Acidophilus which I have also mixed in her milk, or she would take it as a big girl with a spoon. This has helped with not getting colds, and maybe on some level has prevented her from getting even more ear infections.