O doesn’t have a sister (or brother) and chances are she is not going to have one. When I mention this everyone has an opinion about it. I thought breastfeeding was a hot topping. Siblings is just a hot topic. Well at least among my friends. There are arguments for both sides. And I have friends who are both single children and multiple children. Here are some of the major arguments:
- attention is only on one child. O will never feel like she didn’t get enough attention.
- We can give her more of what she wants. Trips abroad, education where she wants (well within reason of course becuase college education could be $1,000,000 by the time she’s old enough)
- she will not have the intense pressure on her only Now, DH is the calm one. I would agree that if both her parents were like me, she would totally have an intense childhood life. But thank goodness, her dad is the calming figure in the relationship.
- Will get to share the responsibilities of dealing with her parents I guess that would mean when we are old and gray… But by then, who knows what will happen.
- Know sibling love (or hate, which would then make it an argument for single child)
- No one to play or learn to share with Which is part of the reason she is in day care. She is learning to share and be part of a social group there.
Not sure what will happen in the future, but for now, O will remain a single child.