Here is the list that I’ve started of my crafty projects. They include everything from cross stitching, cooking/baking, quilting, etc. And in no particular order, I introduce you to my crafty to do list. Each time I work on one project, it will get it’s own entry, so you can follow my… what should I call them, set up for failure:
Cake Balls. Now these could either come out at the Halloween party we are going to or at O’s birthday party and have them in PINK (emphasis on the K, because that’s how she says it) theme. I went to Target this weekend to look for the cheesy Halloween candy and no go> i think I might have to go to Economy Candy; if they don’t have it, no one in the city will.My first thing ticked off!!!
- Cutesy T-Shirts for O. This one looks really easy. All you need are t-shirts, stencils and fabric paint. So far I have encountered the following issues: T-shirts, where do you get those really cute long sleeve shirts with the different colored sleeves?? Please let me know. Fabric paint: I went to the store in the neighborhood that the Plaid website said they would have it. I walk into a store that is a throwback to the 60s/70s. Everything looks dusty, jam-packed with stuff, but none of the stuff is the fluttering butterflies stencils or the Plaid fabric paint as promised on website. I am too scared to go to Micheal’s… I think I will spend much more than I want.
- Quilted Coat. OK, this one even I will admit is overly ambitious. But if you don’t set large goals, you’ll never reach the stars… or something like that.
Finish O’s yearly albums. I want to do an album of pictures for each year of O’s life, and write a short little essay about her for that year. So far, I have half of an album for the 1st year. I have the rest of the pictures from her first year. No essay of course. But I think she was too little to really get a proper two page essay on who she is. The 2nd year is much more critical (and must be done before I forget), but the pictures, that’s another story. I started choosing the ones I like, but finding the right album, now that’s another story.
- Quilt. I would actually like to make several quilts. One idea is to take some of O’s old clothes cut them out and make a quilt for her. Then I would also like to do a large quilt for our bed.
- Pillow cases for O’s bed. I would like to take O’s crib bumper, take it apart and make pillow cases using the jungle animals off it so it can match her bed.
- Finish the Christmas tree skirt I started three years ago, and has gone through 2 moves and still lives in Rubbermaid container.
- Find a really nice cross-stitching pattern that I like. By far cross-stitching is my favorite. I think of all of these, this one is most likely to be finished
- What you will NOT see on this list is any sort of knitting. Tried, can’t get the hang of it, so I probably won’t try it again.
- Tree skirt. A good easy pattern to start with.
- My Mom’s birthday present. So her birthday is at the end of March so my plan is to get this started asap. But without a sewing machine, I have to do it by hand. Update March 15: So DH even said that this is reaching. So we have decided to get her a gift certificate to Amazon for downloading Kindle E-Books. Plus her birthday is in like 3 weeks. And considering this was updated on Jan 26 with the project, I doubt the 3 weeks will get me motivated.
I’ll add more after my trip to Micheal’s, evil, evil place that you are! Maybe I’ll build a bird house!